Here at Top Drive UK we have prices and offers to suit everyone, whether you’re looking to Pay as You Go or book a block of lessons. We accept cash, bank transfers and payment via PayPal*( which allows you to pay by debit or credit card). What could be easier?* payment via PayPal incurs a 3.5% fee so please remember to add this in and please send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pass Plus £200 (all areas) or if you have passed your test with a Top Drive instructor we offer a £25 discount making it only £175. In addition if you live in Hampshire you can apply to the County Council for funding towards the scheme. Currently** they will contribute £75.00. (Please note this excludes the postcode areas governed by Southampton City Council and Portsmouth City Council)
prices as of 1st March 2019
Top Drive UK Terms of Business
Here are the terms of business between the instructor and the pupil and must be adhered to at all times.
1. The instructor will confirm with the pupil the agreed lesson time and date prior to each lesson.
2. If the pupil requires a change in lesson time/date a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given.
3. The cost of lessons will be explained and agreed either before the first lesson or at the start of the first lesson.
4. All payments must be made in cash at the start of each lesson unless an alternative method of payment has been agreed in advance. Payment by cheque is not accepted.
5. A deposit of £64 is required to secure a lesson slot, and this payment is redeemable on your test day and is separate to any other payment, and does not form part of a block of lessons, this deposit is non-refundable.
6. If a lesson is cancelled within 48 hours of the lesson time then the full lesson price is due. If however, the lesson is re-booked within the same working week then no fee will be due. (Working week being Monday to Sunday). This fee may be waived at the individual instructor’s discretion.
7. The pick-up and drop-off point for each lesson will be at the pupil’s home address unless an alternative is agreed in advance. If a pupil wishes to change the drop-off point on the day of a lesson then the instructor reserves the right to shorten the actual teaching time to allow transport to that new location.
8. All financial matters are between the pupil and the individual instructor.
9. The instructor will offer advice on the amount of lessons required to reach test standard but this may not be exhaustive. The DVSA recommended amount of training needed to reach the required standard is a min. of 40 hours professional tuition. This does not include any private practice which is highly recommended, the DVSA guidelines being a minimum of 25 hours of additional practice over and above lessons taken with an instructor.
10. The instructor will advise a pupil when, in their opinion, the pupil is ready for test. If a test is booked by a pupil without the consent of the instructor, the instructor reserves the right not to accompany that pupil to test and the instructors car will not be available to use. The instructor has a moral responsibility not to present a candidate for test who has not reached the required standard.
11. The instructor will undertake to provide a vehicle in full working order however, if for mechanical reasons this cannot be fulfilled an alternative vehicle may be provided.
12. The instructor reserves the right to cancel or postpone a lesson at any time.
13. Payment in advance is preferred by Bank transfer but payment is accepted via PayPal. Transaction fees of 3.5% are applicable for PayPal transactions. Please see our prices schedule for confirmation of the fee charges.
14. If you are paying for lessons in blocks please note that the initial payment is required 10 working days in advance of your first lesson and each subsequent payment is due on the last lesson of the previous block, i.e. hour 20.
15. When booking a weekly course a £250 non returnable deposit is required to secure the course and driving test, the balance to be paid two weeks prior to the start.
16. When booking an intensive course full payment of the balance is required two weeks prior to the start, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed directly with your instructor.
17. Refunds are not available and if a block of lessons, a weekly or intensive course has been started and you decide to stop lessons before the course or block has been completed there is no refund